Sunday, July 7, 2019

Watch The Women's World Cup

The WOMEN'S WORLD CUP FINALS
Watch because...
These women have stood up for #blacklivesmatter (or knelt) and gay rights. They play well and win. A lot.  And even though they've found they're way through to playing at this level, their concern is on paving the way to make the sport better for the future. So much so that they've put their own livelihoods and futures in the games on the line and filed a lawsuit for equal pay.

We get farther as women when we support other women. And these women are supporting us. This is the largest and most public means to get at equal pay I've seen in my lifetime. Watch them.

They're a national treasure.

*On a selfish note, I began playing soccer as an adult. I learned more by playing with women on women's teams than any other time. I enjoy it more. I realized why. It's our place. We are there to run the ball. We're not tokens on a men's team. We take up the space. Us. I feel pride in soccer because I feel part of soccer. It's one of my arenas where I still get to grow and get better. So I feel pride in watching women who've grown to the height of the possibility of greatness in this day at this time. I for damn sure yield the arena to these giants. (Also my women's game was cancelled so I could watch today:)